Antique and Distressed Mirrors
Custom Cut by Osborn Glass
Osborn Glass supplies beautiful antique mirrors, each with a unique distressed appearance.
However, each of our mirrors is factory-new, with only the appearance of an old mirror – sometimes called a ‘foxed’ mirror: off the shelf, made-to-measure and affordable. Our antique mirror glass for bathrooms and kitchens blends appearance and utility and is suitable for both modern and traditional decoration schemes.
Distressed, antique-look mirrors add a unique and striking focal point to both traditional and contemporary interiors.
We stock and cut-to-size a variety of distressed-effect mirror glass, However, with our old looking mirrors the only old part about them is the title! We use a special process to create an authentic aged look.
Bespoke Antique & Distressed Mirrors
Walls may be clad in our antique mirror – entirely or in part (a chimney breast, for example), creating various effects depending on the type of mirror. You can customise every aspect of your mirror, including colour, tint, the degree of distressing and the distress effect – and how larger sheets or smaller panels are arranged.
Antique Silver, Bronze & Copper Mirrors
Our most popular patterns are pdy-silver and bronze-pdy which are only lightly distressed, for a lightly ‘foxed’ mirror. We also supply a full range of other glass mirrors, including models that are tinted copper or blue.
Lightly and Heavily Distressed Mirrors
We offer a range of eleven different distressed effects in stock and on display. These vary from the gently ‘foxed’ mirror, with a mild all-over speckling tarnish, to very heavily figured distressing.
Antique Mirror Features and Benefits
- Cut to size service
- Bevelling, polishing, drilling and installation
- Highly bespoke hand-distressed mirrors; gold and other metal-leafed mirrors, made-to-measure
- Our antiqued mirror glass is available in a variety of degrees of distress and is used in architectural and decorative settings as well as framed and unframed mirrors
- Ideal for a diverse range of commercial interiors – hotels, bars, cafes and restaurants – as feature walls, splashbacks, panelled mirrors, tiles, in furniture and mirrored table tops
- Antique distressed mirrors can also enhance all kinds of contemporary and traditional domestic interiors
- The surface can be sandblasted for a highly diffused, less reflective effect. Mirrors can be cut to a specific shape. Edges can be bevelled or polished. Cut-outs and notches can be added to the order
Unique Antique, Vintage Mirror Effects in Stock
Please note that the antique-effect on the mirror varies in intensity and detail across the sheets – no two layers are the same. This means that any samples should not be taken as fully representative of the antique effect on the whole of any sheets or pieces of the mirror supplied by us.
London’s Vintage Mirror Specialists
The £1 coins indicate the scale of the pattern in the following images. We have an excellent display of antique mirror and other mirror and glass in our South London showroom and workshop. You are very welcome to visit our showroom (in South Norwood, SE25 near Croydon and a few minutes walk from Norwood Junction station) to see an extended range of samples, as well as our stocked whole sheets of antique mirror glass.
Our mirror is 6mm thick and can be supplied with a heavy foil backing for safety. For technical reasons, this mirror cannot be toughened.
Talk to Us About Ordering Your Perfect Vintage Mirror